Thursday, March 11, 2010

Correctional Psychology - Types of Correctional Facilities

Correctional Psychology - Types of Correctional Facilities - Wellsphere

I came across this interesting blog from the Mental Health Community Blog, posted by Jeremiah D:

Psychology - Types of Correctional FacilitiesPosted Mar 03 2009

When considering the concept of corrections, it is important to understand just how complex a correctional system can be. In the United States, for example, you have a federal system, 50 distinct state systems, and thousands of local systems. In addition, there is a separate system for military issues, and there are separate considerations for juveniles. Each state (plus the federal government) determines how it administers its own correctional system, in terms of the various laws, levels of punishment, who is arrested, and how people are incarcerated. Complicated indeed."

1 comment:

  1. First of all thank you for setting up this blog there is much to be discussed in this field. I graduate this year B/S in Psychology, looking in criminal/correction area. I do not want to continue for Masters I am 57 yrs with much background career/life experience to bring to a job of this caliber. I have worked in Prison Ministries for last 10 years which has given me one-on-one time mentoring with inmates, what I want to discuss is the needs a correctional psy would have to make the best of this opportunity. Yea I am holding back more expertise & experience only till I get to talk with someone that knows more of this job than me. Will check back to see if someone wants to talk. Thanks, Donnie494

    ReplyDelete